My first Winter in NYC started in 2004-2005. It was considered a mild winter, that's what the New Yorkers would say. I was expecting snow every day and hating going outside. I soon came to realize that my love for the city took away the pain and chill of the winter. No matter how cold it got i still managed to find the good in all the mess. After all, it was my first winter, snow, ice, drenching your shoe in an icy puddle, slipping on the ice while walking to work NEW YORK Winter. Nothing was going to bring my spirit down.
Washington Square Park. This is my neighborhood park. It's 1 block from my apartment. We spend many days in the summer here. Not so much in the Winter.
This is the Pigeon Lady. She was out there every day feeding those birds. Recently they have been doing construction on that little square and I haven't seen here in about a year. 

This was Winter last February in 2006. IT was the biggest snowstorm NYC has seen in a while. The entire city was slient. It was a very odd day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment