CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Transit Strike!!!

Here stands my normal subway stop to work. The W4 stop. One morning in December 2005 I woke up to a Transit Strike. Yes, all subways and Bus's were on strike and not running. I live 52 blocks from work. The cabs were all full and if you did take a cab they doubled your fare. The only way to get to work was to walk. So for 4 days i walked to work and back. It ended up being 416 blocks during the whole strike. I also had to do my Christmas shopping during that time too.

Here is one shot on my way home. The picture is hard to tell but there were more people on the streets then i have ever seen. Cars could barley drive.

This is Jason, my co-worker, and I walking home. We made the most of it and made a game out of it. It ended up not being so bad. But a memory for sure.





0 comments: