CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

God Bless the Firemen!!

So Tuesday Night while doing the dishes I smell a smell a sweet smell burning. Almost like a plastic burning. I look around and see nothing so I forget about it. When i walked into the living room I notice a light flashing outside the window. I think to myself, "what are the fire department doing outside now?" After last week I was prepared for anything. But it wasn't the fire department outside. IT WAS A FIRE!! There was a fire in our ally way next to our apartment and it was close to my window. I immediately looked for my phone to call 911, as i am pretty good at that now. I Hear the sirens from the trucks immediately, man they're fast. I put the leash on the dog and go to get the cat. But she, of course runs under the bed. So i run outside to get the pup to safety first. I leave her out with my neighbor and head back in the building. Ya, i know I'm not supposed to do that but it wasn't like the building was on fire. I eventually grab Bailey and look for her carrier. Can;t find it, of course. So i cram her in a puma bag, which she can easily get out of. We go outside and watch the strong men do their job. The fire was out in seconds. I was impressed with my "cat like" reflexes. Everything was OK and my place was safe. Just a little smoke in the apartment. I brought the lil' ones back to the apartment and went back out to watch the firemen work. They were so many that responded. Here are some shots at the 7 fire houses doing their jobs. God Bless the FDNY!!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow. Exciting times in the Big Apple! My email: brookebray@gmail.com

Dallas said...

Never a dull moment in NYC!

Kristen OQ said...

Wow! An eventful evening for you and your pets! Glad you are all safe and sound with no damage to your apartment.

Tesney said...

God Bless the Firemen also because they are HOT! No pun intended. We saw them putting out a garbage can fire (kinda funny) on one of our trips and my friend, who is very mild-mannered, almost popped her corset over the ones on that truck! We did the touristy thing and took a picture of them because they were so good looking.