Yes of course I have waited till the last minute to start packing. I have no idea why but I like the rush and stress of it all down to the last week. I have list after list of to-do's. It seems like it keeps growing. I am subletting my room out to a friend while I am gone so I have to empty out my closet and drawers so that she can use them. I have made three piles on my bed of clothes: Yes, No Maybe. At first I was trying to not take as much but soon starting realizing that I was running out of storage space under my bed for the huge NO pile. So then the YES pile began getting bigger and bigger and then I run out of suitcase room. UGH! My goal is to bring 2 suitcases and 2 carry on bags. We will see if I stay according to plan. I have already used an entire suitcase for just shoes.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Packing for a lifetime...
I bought the vacuum pack storage bags to try to save room for all my clothes. I decided to test one out. I was SHOCKED when I saw how much i could get in there. I go back into my room to get more clothes for the next bag. When I walk back in the living room what do I find??? It's Bailey sitting on the top of a the vacuum bag back FULL OF AIR!!! She had just crawled right on top and punctured a hole in it with her claw. UGH! Looks like I am back to the store to buy more tomorrow.
I have so much to do and so little time. I think I have it all mapped out on when I will attack my list but I just know come Saturday morning at 5AM when I am on my way to the airport I will have forgotten something important, like my passport. If anyone wants to come over and do all of this for me let me know. I am all for giving up control.
PS: I would have taken photos of all the craziness that is my room but my camera is somewhere under it all.
PSS: My cousin Heidi just had another baby girl. Check out how adorable on her blog.
Posted by Jamie Chitty at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wish I could help you pack!!! It sounds to me like Bailey is trying to change your plans! Good luck with everything!! Love ya!!
How exciting! I hope you keep blogging in the UK. I can't wait to keep up with all your new international adventures:) Be safe!
Thinking of you now....as you fly over the big ole ocean!!
Post a Comment