Yesterday I was at the Yankee game enjoying a nice and sunny Sunday afternoon. It was a slow game until the 5th-7th inning when it began to get nasty. There was a lot going on between the players with running each other over, being hit by pitches, the dug out and bull pin emptying out for a fight., etc. Funny how men are somewhat the same from Jr. High right into adulthood. No one threw a punch. They just stood there saying, "come on, i dare you".
During the 7th inning stretch Take Me Out to the Ballgame Started playing like usual. But then without warning it stopped. An announcement came over the speaker, "attention Please. May we have your attention please. Please direct your attention to the scoreboard." I first thought, "oh some dork is about to propose to his girl," really thinking, how sweet. But then my mind jumped to thinking, "Oh Snap, something happened to NYC. We are under attack." After all, during the beginning of the game a NYPD helicopter was flying oddly low around the stadium.
What was going on? What could it be? Then the camera came on. Who was it? Mr. Roger Clemens, the former Yankee Championship Pitcher. After the crowd settled down from the cheering he announced this:
"Well, they came and got me out of Texas, and I can tell you that it's a privilege to be back. I'll be talking to y'all soon."
The crowd was in shock but soon erupted when the score board said, "Roger Clemens is a Yankee." I have never heard the crowd that loud.
The crowd was in shock but soon erupted when the score board said, "Roger Clemens is a Yankee." I have never heard the crowd that loud.
For New York and Yankee fans this is big. Sure it's nothing for those of you who do not follow baseball but for the few that can get on board, this was a moment in history that i got to witness.
Welcome Back Rocketman!! We are happy to have you back!!


3 comments:
Hey. The Rangers are nothing exciting to keep up with here in Texas!
I did see you signed into the Houston Chronicles blog. Did I get her blog from yours? How do you know each other? I saw she is connected with a church in Houston. I have some Dallas friends that came from that same church. Just curious. I couldn't remember exactly where I had come across her blog. What a small world!
Heidi is my cousin.
Thanks for updating me. I really enjoy reading about Heidi's little girls. I can relate to so much of it!
Post a Comment