This weekend my mom turned 60 (I'm sure she wouldn't want me telling too many people that.) Rick and I decided to fly in and surprise her for her Birthday and have a surprise party for her. She was very surprised. I had a hard time making up lies the whole time to try to fool her. Kinda felt bad about it. Sorry mom, but it had to be done.
Thursday Morning i flew in and walked into her work just like it was any other day. She had to do a double take. So she thought that was it, no more surprises.
Friday, i told her i was running to the store to get something. When really i was going to the airport to get Rick. We got back to the house and walked in. Again, she was surprised.
Saturday, we had a surprise party for her at the Baker's house. 30 of her closest friends came and even her brother all the way from Houston. She had no idea.
Here are some photos from the weekend. 
I decided to have a 60 in the 60's theme. 60's music, candy, decor, and trivia. 

Sometimes my brother likes to pretend he's a princess. (it looks like he's bald, sorry Rick)
Dad and Mr. David really are made for each other. 

I got to see my childhood best friend Danielle's little girl. She's a month old and named after one of my Cabbage Patch Kids. 
5 comments:
That was a weekend full of surprises! I bet your mom was so happy to have you all home for her birthday.
What a great memory! You guys were so sneaky.
Rick looks just like he always has (except for the crown part).
What are the Baker boys up to these days?
How fun! It looks like a great time was had by all...and I'm sure your bro. appreciates your photoshopping his pic :). Very funny! Happy birthday Jamie's mom!
Fun, fun, fun. I love surprising people! I agree with Sandi...your brother looks exactly the same. I'm curious about the Bakers as well.
Hey girl! it was soooo good to see you this past weekend!!! I only wish we could have visited longer. Love your website! keep in touch!
katie
Post a Comment