The past 2 weeks have been so busy I am having a hard time fitting in my TV/Sunflower Seed sessions. I asked for help to keep me busy and that is exactly what I got. I am wondering if I will ever have down time again.
First off I want to say thank you to all my blog friends out there who have said so many kind words, and some just plain funny. When there was ever a time that I was feeling down, stressed or lost, I got a buzz on my blackberry and there was a message to bring a smile to my face and strength to shake off the drama. It completely reset my mind. Thanks so much!!
So So SO much has been going on I don't even know where to start. I'll start with the fun stuff: Saturday night we had Rachael's Bachlorette Party. Ummm, ya, fun would be an understatement. She looked like a princesses. We were all in little black dresses and she was in a white darling dress. They attempted to decorate her with embarrassing flashy garb but little by little it disappeared. Thanks Meredith for flushing the sash down the toilet, I am still convinced that toilet must have been powerful enough to swallow a small child.
I have pictures from this that I will edit and post. It was my first drag show and am still picking my jaw off the floor.
We fly to California the weekend of the 12th for the wedding. I am so excited about going. I have never been to CA before and I heard a rumor that Disney Land might be in the works. I am fine with whatever. Hotel and car all booked. We are debating whether or not to get a convertible. I vote both hands up double yes! I am just excited to get away and travel with all my NYC girlfriends. We laugh about the NYC girls competing with the LA girls. There WILL be a dance off and I know we will take them down. After all, their fake boobs and extensions might get in the way of them doing a proper worm.
This weekend will consist of being in the sun all weekend. I know we have a rooftop BBQ and hours of brunching with mimosas planned. The rest will be me on the beach or at the pier.
Every single night this week and next week there is something planned. I have no idea how that happened. It's like the city and everyone in it is panicking for the change of season and rushing to cram all Summer activities in before Fall arrives.
Now the Interesting/odd things: The past 2 weeks I have meet so many new and interesting people that just get me. I have found myself saying the phrase, "ME TOO!" over and over again with every conversation. How come I am meeting them now? It's almost like I am opening myself up to new possibilities and they are just rushing in. Kind of amazing and weird at the same time. I am so interested to see what I learn from these people and where it takes me.
Another interesting note, an old boss called me and really wants me to write for him again. I have been able to write a lot more lately, just more coming to mind i guess, that I have been wanting to get it all down. I also have signed up for a writing class for kicks. Ironic that he calls out of no where.
So in a nutshell things have been busy but very good. I am so surprised how good they actually are. Every day I wait for the relapse and it never comes. It's been a week since I've even shed a tear. Is that mean to say? I have just been so distracted that I haven't even been given a chance to deal with it. Or maybe I am done dealing with it. Regardless what it is, thank you guys for keeping me in your thoughts. I think it's working ;)
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
No Time for a Manicure
Posted by Jamie Chitty at 6:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Keep it up!! Love ya!!!
Post a Comment