I have SO SO SO many photos to catch you all up on but I HAD to blog about this right away.
Last night I attended the Paper Magazine 25th Anniversary at the NYC Library. It was beautiful. I had no idea what I was getting into. I soon found out once I arrived to the Red Carpet and swarms of paparazzi.
Here is a list of who was there and who I saw and WHAT I saw: (Video to come)
1. Tyson Beckford was there with a beautiful skinny in need of a burger model. They came on a motorcycle and held their helmets all night. I would of been mad to have to hang on to that.
2. All 3 Hanson Brothers. I have to say, 2 out of the 3 are looking pretty good. Who would have known that the older brother would turn out cute.
3. Sean Lennon. Yes, John's son.
4. Lydia Hearst - she's in Gossip Girl and a model
5. Amerie - Singer
6. Estelle - Singer
7. Isaac Mizrahi - Designer. He was not looking his best. His outfit had this white thing tied around his neck like he just went to a barber shop for a shave. And he had Nike flip flops on. WITH A SUIT. We all know that is a no no.
8. Patricia Field - Designer for Sex and the City. I was happy to see her and she did NOT disappoint. Her shoes were to die for. I am going to run out and try to find them right away.
9. Nicole Miller - Designer. I did a party with her before and she is always nice.
10. Mark Ronson - DJ. He was spinning which was pretty amazing.
11. Lindsey Lohan - She showed up and ran upstairs and that's all we saw of her.
12. The Entire Cast of Project Runway - I tried to find out who won but I wasn't able to. I think I know a few who didn't for sure though
13. Brad From Rachel Zoe - I love that show and he was adorable
14. The Virgins opened the night and played. Rock out!
15. Kayne West with his entire entourage. He didn't wear his glasses inside which was nice of him.
16. Queen Latifah Sang/Rapped
17. Liza Minnelli Sang. I have video of this that I will post. Pretty unbelievable. I have video of her singing New York New York.
18. Gossip Girl People that I don't know
19. Betsey Johnson - Designer. She didn't do any cartwheels.
20. Every transgendered man in NYC. Some were a little scary. There was one that looked like a beaten dirty rat. I will try to find a photo of that guy.
21. Mischa Barton - She's been filming her new TV show in our neighborhood a lot and frequents our Dog Park. That is when she is not in rehab.
22. Cynthia Rowley - Designer
23. Charlotte Ronson - Designer
These people don't eat a thing but they sure can drink. There was broken glass everywhere at the end of the night. The Library was trashed. So sad. Also sad that on my way to the bathroom there were 3 kids, and I mean age 14-16 or so, drunk out of their mind and I am sure on something. I wanted to grab them up by their ears and kick them out. Do these parents not know where their kids are on a school night? Not to mention what I saw going on in the bathroom. I know I am in NYC and drugs are the norm here, but I am very happy that I am not normal. I don't think I will ever be ok with seeing things like that. Just makes me cringe and feel so sorry for the people that feel that they need to do it.
Regardless of all the messy people it was a fun night of people watching and people watching you. Great music and entertainment. And to hear Liza, the daughter of Judy Garland and MJ's BFF mind you, sing New York New York in the New York City Public Library, one of the prettiest buildings in NY, made the night a night that I will remember.
Now all I have to do if find a time to sleep but from the looks of it that will have to wait till after the weekend. Next Stop California!!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
How Do I Fit In Here?
Posted by Jamie Chitty at 7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The National Enquirer has an article today about that party, calling it "When Divas Collide": http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/67282?cid=RSS
(I must add the disclaimer that I don't read the NE, but saw it linked from another celebrity rag.)
Sounds like a very fun place to be!
Post a Comment