CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas with the Chitty's

The South did not scare Jon. He was a hit!!
My Mom was sweet enough to make Jon his own stocking. It made him a part of the family. I hope it didn't freak him out.My dad wanted to make a good first impression as well. 
Tyler and Elisabeth showed true sibling love and Christmas Spirit.I wanted to show Jon a little bit of the real Louisiana so we went to some of our friends who live on the Bayou. 

The Whole Family. I think he fits right in, don't you? We even saw a snake. It was friendly snake, well as friendly as a snake can be. If it were up to my brother that snake would have had a Beebe bullet in between his eyes.Jon and T enjoying a little tire swinging. I became the protective mother by screaming, "That's too high!! That's too HIGH!!" I could just see that tree limb breaking and Tyler flying all the way into the bayou.They had a zip line set up to zoom across the bayou. It looked like a lot of fun so everyone tried it out.
Jon did it without falling in the water....
Rick did it without falling in the water...My Dad made it over the water...Even Kelly did it and made it over the water...SO I was up next. At first I was confident that I was going to be able to do this but then....The fear of falling in the icky bayou took over and I panicked. I stood up there forever debating. I just didn't feel that my grip was strong enough. So I went as far as the land lasted and then dropped to Jon. A 10 year old little girl called me a woos, I have to agree with her.I let down Tyler as well. He wanted to try it so bad but we didn't think he would have been able to make it. He probably would have done a better job than I did.
Next we went out on the water in the house boat. A storm started setting in so it made the ride a little bumpy.

It was a good time for Elisabeth to try out her new rain coat that I got her. 

Tyler practiced his Ben 10 Alien Force moves on the boat. What? You don't know what Ben 10 is? Get with it people, "It's only the coolest thing out there," Tyler say's.

Back home and back to family time. Nana and Elisabeth making cookies.
Tyler and Nana playing Bakkagon Brawlers. Nana was winning and T was getting a little mad. 
And to make the Holiday's complete, a funny face montage......



So over all Jon did well. He fit right in and everyone liked him. I still need to get the inside scoop from everyone once he leaves. I will let you know though. 
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Years!!

2 comments:

Honey said...

Looks like Jon fit right in with the crazy Chitty's! Looks like ya'll had lots of fun! Wish we could have met him. Glad you had a great Christmas. much lv, Susie

The Houston's said...

Oh, I am so glad ya'll had fun! Wish we could have met him. Maybe we could all go skiing together some day. That is, if I'll stop getting pregnant! Loved the pictures of Tyler and Elisabeth! They are precious! We miss you guys!