CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 21, 2007

No Kidding

This morning on my way to work , while wearing my favorite black heals, I had a problem. I stepped on the lone manhole in the middle of the street and got my heal stuck in the ONE tiny hole in the manhole. Now, this always seems to happen and you usually just give a little pull and you are back on your way. Not the case this time. It was in there. It was so stuck I was not going anywhere. I pulled and pulled and nothing. I looked up and saw traffic coming my way so I took my foot out and started pulling with my hands. Nothing. I actually had to direct traffic away from my show. I was screaming at the honking cabs, "Sorry, please don't hit my shoe", never once asking them to not hit me. I hear a little giggling coming from the sidewalk and looked up to see someone taking photos of me. Sure he could have helped me but that would be non- New Yorker of him. After 5 whole minutes of pulling, screaming at cabs, and contemplating what to do if I have to let the shoe go, I finally was set free. I stood up and blew my hair out of my face all to see now a herd of people gathered standing there applauding me. I waved, put my shoe back on and finished my journey to the office, whilst saying under my breathe, "Only in New York". Does anyone else find it ironic that this was a clip out of the Wedding Planner movie and I am in the same sort of business??? Anyone???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the name of that man taking pictures?

That was your pilot test for a role in "Wedding Planner 2." LOL

You are such a treasure, Jamie.

Hollie Reese said...

That is the funniest thing! I wish I could have been there...maybe the guy will send you pictures. I will check the internet for you!