CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 17, 2007

Warm Weather Please Don't Leave

I can’t believe the summer’s almost over. It seems like it just started and next week will are already into September. I haven’t even made a dent in my summer wardrobe. I have only been to the beach three times and have only ridden one roller coaster this year. It seems like the year has moved at a faster pace than I am used to. Before ya know it Christmas will be here and then I turn 32, yikes. I guess it’s time to start making the most of the nice weather and spend every second outside.
Here are a few pictures from a few summer time activities this year.
Going to the beach is easy from the city. We just hop on the train and 30 minutes later we are at Long Beach. Here we are enjoying a nice East Coast Day. Notice my non matching swimsuit??? Ya, that’s what happens when your luggage gets stolen and you have no time to shop for a swimsuit. (me, Angie, Logan, and Ayla) Never have seen these till I moved up to the North, but every time the water runs back from the wave these little white crab like things crawl back to the ocean. Freaks me out. Everyone tried to catch them, me, I tried to avoid screaming like a little girl. Yes, I got into the ocean. Up to my thighs. Logan cheered me on, as I was not going to let a nine year old show me up. Sweet Loo, she is such a sport.

CONEY ISLAND!!!!
I finally made it out there. Apparently they are getting rid of it. Not sure why, not sure what they are really doing to it, they might just be redoing it. Nonetheless, I made it out there. I went with a friend of mine who grew up in Long Island, so he is a pro. He made sure that I got the full Coney Island Experience. Nathan’s is a must!! It was established in 1916 and has the best dogs in the world. I mixed it up with a corn dog and fries. Ummm, delicious. The Cyclone and the Wonder Wheel are a few more ledges. I think the Cyclone is a rush because you never know when it’s going to fall apart.
The Best name for a ride EVER This cat was in charge of this game. I swear, there was no one running it. Kinda odd.

0 comments: