CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Grandmother

Saturday, March 22nd, my mom's mom and my Grandmother passed. She had been battling Alzheimer's for years and her body couldn't take it anymore. Please Keep my mom and all of our family in your thoughts and prayers.

A few memories of my Grandmother:

Growing up, I got to see her and visit a lot. She only lived an hour and a half away from us in Magnolia, AR. She was an amazing cook. Her green beans and homemade roles were my favorite. She had a garden in her back yard and she taught me how to pick the vegetables properly and how to prepare them for cooking or canning. I remember sitting in the back yard and snapping green beans and listening to her tell me stories of when my mom was young. Then as the night came she would give us a jar with holes in the lid and my brother and I would catch firefly's.

Another memory is playing "Hide the Thimble" and "Going on a Bear hunt". Both games that I am convinced that she made up. Regardless, I could play them all night.

She was a extremely sweet woman and a perfect Grandmother. We will all miss her dearly but one day I will teach my kids what she has taught me and hopefully carry on her positive example of a strong Christian woman.

11 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I saw that your grandmother passed away on the family email. Those are sweet memories of her. Grandmothers are such special people. I will be praying for you all.

Sandi said...

I'm sorry, Jamie, for the sadness your heart is experiencing. I will pray for your family today.

Traci said...

I will be praying for your family. I lost my grandmother today. I was able to spend all day with her yesterday in the hospital. We will always have our memories. Traci

Lauryn said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Lauryn Rydl Turner

Kristen OQ said...

I am sorry for the loss of your grandma. I hope you can find some comfort in the fun memories you had with her. Saying a prayer for you and your family right now.

Lana said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Grandmothers are pretty great and it sounds like you have sweet special memories of yours:)

Hollie Reese said...

I am sad to hear that! We are thinking about you and your family

maryann said...

Jamie,
MY heart hurts for your family. My grandmother (mom's mom) has Alzheimers, too. Oh, what a horrible disease. I am sure she is FULL of wonderful memories now, though, as she shares them with our Heavenly Father.
Love you!

Sarah said...

Oh Jamie, I am so sorry about your grandmother. I'm saying a prayer for you all right now.
I'm very thankful we can catch up through blogs now. Did you hear our girls won?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Misti said...

This is Misti (Jones) Bonner. I saw your blog on Shea Lea's site and wanted to tell you how sorry I am your grandmother passed away. You will be in my prayers.