CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Man of Many Words

There are some things that we never question. Some things that we just enjoy and never think about where they came from or who invented them. Like Paint or VHS Tapes or... Disney Songs.
Thursday I was setting up the Jungle Book DVD release party. The special guest to the party was non other than Richard Sherman. Who is Richard Sherman you ask??? Well you already know him. Actually, you know ALL of his work. He has been with most of you your entire lives and you never even knew it. Here is a list of just a few things he has done that might impress you.
Writer of Songs:
Winnie the Pooh; The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers; It's a Small World; Let's Get Together (The Parent Trap); ALL SONGS ON MARY POPPINS; ALL SONGS ON JUNGLE BOOK; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, etc, etc...You can go to this site for more info on him http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792556/

So you can see that I was impressed. And if you know me, you know that my family are huge Disney Fans. This was a moment that I never thought I would have and will never forget. He is the man and the mind behind some of my favorite songs. Songs that I will pass down to my children some day. And to meet him and talk with him makes the songs that more enjoyable.

4 comments:

Melissa Halford said...

Oh my gosh...Ryan will be so jealous! He all-time favorite movie is Mary Poppins!

Sandi said...

That's AWESOME! We just watched Mary Poppins not too long ago and watched an interview with him and the other songwriter -- what a neat job you have!

Ashley said...

Very cool! What an awesome accomplishment to write all of those amazing songs!

Hollie Reese said...

How fun! I need to get my hands on that Jungle Book DVD for Brooks! I love Mary Poppins!