CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh Captain My Captain

According to the papers I have less than 11 months to break up this wedding. Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter, and number 1 guy on my heartthrob list, is officially engaged. I knew it was coming. It was the talk of all last season. So why am I upset? Well, it's one more guy off my list. First Matt Damon says I do, then Jimmy Fallon (and not even to a cute girl) and now Jeter. So now I have till November to get his attention and steal his heart. Do I really think that it can happen? No, Of course not. But I will not go down without a fight.

Here he is, the adorable Captain of the Yankees. The hardest working man in the MLB. Well... I don't know that for a fact but I'd like to think so. Coming in as a rookie in 1995 at age 21 he went right to the Yankees and won Rookie of the Year. Winning his first World Series a year later in 1996 he went on to win 4 more in 1998, 1999, 2000 and the most recent in 2009 bring his total Championship Rings to 5. In 2000 he was voted All-Star and World Series MVP and in 2003 he was named Captain of the Yankees. In 2009 he broke Lou Gehrig's Hitting Record. All this accomplished at the ripe ole' age of 35. Makes me feel lazy.


So here is the break down of the culprit.
Name: Mika Kelly
Profession: Actress (ugh)
Age 29 (Still a child), Born in Los Angelas (as are most actors, original), Only child to father, former Aerosmith guitarist, and mother, former Vegas Show girl (Spoiled and probably was taught how to pole dance at a young age).
Previously dated John Mayer (who hasn't) and actor Chris Evans (I dated a Chris Evans in high school, what of it).
Known for her role in Friday Night Lights where she "plays" a Cheerleader. (I actually WAS a cheerleader. I didn't just play one on TV).
Sure she pretty, I can't argue that. But she's an actress, how can he tell if she is being real? And what does she know about baseball? Did she ever play? Probably not. She probably has a pink Yankee cap which we all know is for sissy's. And Mika Jeter?? That doesn't sound right. Jamie Jeter rolls right off the tongue.
Ok, so I am not seriously upset about Jeter getting engaged. I am happy for him and I do like his choice in woman. She seems nice and seems a little more down to earth. More than some of his past girlfriends (Mariah Carey, Vanessa Minnillo, Jessica Biel, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Alba). At least this one is not a camera and fame hog. I do know that I really don't stand a chance with him being a "normal" girl. Well, "normal" is still in question.

Nonetheless, if I see Dreamboat Jeter walking down the street I will not hesitate to catch his eye and win him over. I just hope I am not wearing all my I Heart Jeter paraphernalia when it happens. No one wants to look like a fool.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

BRILLIANT

Dallas said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That was well written!

Whitney said...

Love it! She does seem pretty normal- at least for an actor. And I love her on Friday Night Lights :)

Ashley said...

Know nothing of Jeter, but I have had a thing for Damon and Fallon, too :)

christy said...

awesome james. agree with every word. you should submit that somewhere.