CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I love NYC in the Spring time...

What is it about spring that I love so much? Is it that New Yorkers start walking with their heads up and smiles on their faces? Is it that this Northern city turns into a Southern small town with everyone chatting it up with people they hardly know? Maybe it’s that I get to burn all my heavy winter coats that I develop a deep hatred for? Or maybe, just maybe it’s because I just function better with the sun in my face instead of sloppy wet snow. I am pretty sure it’s all of the above.

Regardless what it is I am SO SO SO thankful that it’s here/around the corner. Last weekend we had a very warm day. It was in the 70’s and we were able to sit outside in the sun, in swimsuits and actually have to put sunscreen on. I even had a snow cone but ended up having to throw it out when it melted all over me due to my fear of getting my tongue and lips stuck to the ice. I think the freezer was a little too cold. It was an amazing weekend full of friends, sun, park days, sun, wonderful dates, sun, runs along the water, sun and brunch outside. Did I mention it was sunny? It makes me so happy!!

3 comments:

Amy McCown said...

This makes me have flashbacks to living in Zurich. The sun is so much sweeter after the long winter months.

Jody said...

YAY for SPRING!!!! So happy you are feeling the SUN! I want to burn my coats at the end of our winter and it is only Dallas. I can only imagine what that is like for you! Happy Spring!

The Houston's said...

I totally agree about Spring! It can't get here soon enough!!
I really love how the guy behind you in the picture has on long sleeves and jeans!