CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

5 Days of Captivity

So it was my first week with my new year plan and wouldn't you know it, I get the flu. It was so bad that I missed 3 days of work. 2 of those days I attempted to go in only to have them send me back home. I tried at least. Friday morning when I came crawling back home it was the last I would see of the outside world for 3 days.

I can't tell you a time where I have slept so much. Friday when I got home I had soup, a hot bath and slept for 4 hours. When I woke up I took another bath and had more soup and then slept again. It was like that pretty much all weekend. I would try to get on the computer to work some but my mind just wasn't functioning. It was even hard to watch TV and we all know that seems impossible for me.

I feel sorry for my roommate because I am sure she is sick of seeing me there on the couch coughing up a lung. She was a sweetheart and played mom when she was there though. Making me tea, bringing me soup and getting me a Starbucks from the outside world.

For 5 days all I had was soup and juice. I think I lost a few pounds which is one bonus of being sick. So I guess I am doing one thing on my list, right? Nothing like the Mary Kate Olsen Diet to get you started. I couldn't have picked a better weekend to stay in though. It was 14 degrees out and windy. Who wants to be out in that anyway?

This thing came out of nowhere and knocked me on my butt. It definitely told me that I am not taking care of myself though. I never get enough sleep, I run myself in 3 directions and never slow down and I probably should eat better. Skipping breakfast and lunch and only eating chips and salsa for dinner does not equal the five basic food groups.

Today I am back at work and feeling much better. I still have a cough that sounds gross and scares every eligible bachelor off but I will take that over not being able to breathe, eat, move, think and finish complete sentences any day. I will attempt to get started on my list this week. I promise.

1 comments:

Sandi said...

Time to get with it, Chitty.